Monday, March 12, 2012

You Must Have An Appointment

"All we ever talk about anymore is the wedding."

This is a complaint I have heard from Mr. Fox on a few occasions so far but I can understand where he's coming from. Since I had to move to Europe to be with him, I had to get a Long Stay Visitors' visa for France. I do not intend to stay a "visitor" for long, however, since I really mean to stay here.

So I'm an immigrant.

Part of the fun (said in the cheekiest of manners) of immigration is the administrative part. France is (in)famous for its bureaucracy and I can clearly see why. I've been spending a lot of my time worried about the vague process I must undergo through L'Office Français de L'Immigration et de L'Intégration, or the OFII for short. It's been a rollercoaster ride so far, maybe I'll write about that later. But we finally got through the initial stages and I feel like I can breathe again. So since our appointment in January, I've finally given myself the OK to plan... and I've been in overdrive pretty much ever since. Hence the complaint from Mr. Fox.


At the suggestion of a buddy, I have instituted Sunday Brunch Wedding Discussion Appointments with Mr. Fox. We have started spending lazy Sunday mornings at various spots in the city having brunch and making wedding plans. Of course it does not mean that we do not talk about the wedding on other occasions, but having this dedicated plan has really made Mr. Fox feel as if we don't talk about it all the time. Problem solved!


Yesterday's SBWDA didn't yield much more than a discussion of paper bag luminaries vs. actual lanterns because it was gorgeous outside. We ended up cutting brunch short and taking a long, leisurely stroll. Here are a few pictures I took with my handy, dandy BlackBerry. Please excuse the graininess.


The Ryck 
Mr. Fox just being himself.
In the distance, masts of boats on the Greifswald harbor.

Fallen tree, still clinging to life. I found it compelling.

The (tracks) road less travelled.

Green, green grass even in early March.

Pretty architecture. And as you can see by the giant scarf of Mr. Fox, it was a bit chilly... only 8 degrees C (about 46 F).

I love ivy.

Not only live street musicians in their best Charles Dickens wear, but also an accordion to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment